At first glance, it appears that David Hillhouse of Wilkes County was
a wealthy landowner in Georgia, having acquired great tracts of land in Wilkes, Elbert and Jackson Counties, along the Oconee River. But he was also in the iron business, having a furnace and forge on the Oconee River. In 1789 he furnished over 20,000 rations to the soldiers stationed at Rock Landing on the river while an Indian treaty was being negotiated by the US Government.
For more details, see the Hillhouse genealogy under GeorgiaPioneers.com
are currently being added to the websites. They may be viewed online, or downloaded. See below.
Genealogists, Researchers. Have a new web page, or just looking for ancestors? You can advertise here for free! The current mailing list is 6,000 + subscribers.
EPHRAIM PEARSON B. APP. 1804 IN SC IN FORSYTH CO GA BY 1840
WAS MARRIED TO A NANCY UNKNOWN IN SC. RISE ABT. 9 KIDS
IN GA. D. APP. 1860. THANKS. Email
Freebies for Genealogists
How to Trace Your Family Tree...free, may be distributed, copied, etc.
DEADIMMA HENDLEY HARRIS. Looking for info on this woman, she came to GA from VA in 1777 or thereabouts. She had one son Hendley Harriss/Harris any info appreciated. E-mail me
SAILORS/SAYLORS. Looking for any information on the possible father of Phoebe Sailors who married ca 1786 in Burke County, Georgia, John Collins. Her parents may have been from Rutherford County, North Carolina. EMAIL
NEW INFORMATION - Latest Additions to the Pioneer Websites|
Gedcom Files; you can view and/or download
- Adair of Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia; Camp/Camps of America, begins 1559 in England (356,752 bytes); Couper of Glynn County; Evans of DeKalb County and Anderson County, South Carolina; Lane of Georgia, North Carolina, Alabama.
|Jackson County Deed Book A (abstracted); Map. Many of these deeds consist of lands in old Franklin County (Jackson formed out of) and so represent the earliest settlers including Revolutionary War Soldiers.
||Washington County Letters of Testatory and Guardianship; also Divisions of Estates 1829-1871; Minutes of the Inferior Court (some abstracts).
Washington County First Will Book did not survive, so these records help locate persons.
|Bible Records -
Hayden of Franklin County,
Pedego of Glasgow,
Redford of Glasgow,
Wallace of Louisville
||Folder Collection -
Dixon of Warren County |
North Carolina Genealogy |
- Abercrombie of Orange County
- Atkinson of Caswell County
- Austin of Mecklenburg County
- Beckham of VA, NC and GA
- Brickell of Hertford County
- Chambers of Haywood County
- Clark of Bertie County
- Clayton of Transylvania County
- Clements of Rowan County
- Collins of Granville County
- Edmondson of NC and GA
- Evans of Onslow County
- Evans of Currituck County
- Franklin of Burke County
- Fuller of Caswell County
- Greene of Craven County
- Hall of Caswell County
- Hampton of Haywood County
- Haywood of Edgecombe County
- Hiatt of Guilford County
- Hill of Bertie County
- Jones of Northampton County
- Jones, VA to NC
- Jordan of Buncombe and Transylvania Counties
- Killian of Transylvania County
- King of Translvania County
- Lane of Craven County
- Lavender of Jones County
- Lavender of Craven County
- Lea of Caswell County
- McCall of Transylvania County
- McCrary of Transylvania County
- Meece/Mease of Haywood County
- Neeley of Caswell County
- Osborne of Transylvania County
- Outlaw of Bertie County
- Paine/Payne of Caswell County
- Parker of Martin County
- Patterson of Caswell County
- Peacock of Wayne County
- Penland of Haywood County
- Perry of Perquimans County
- Peyton of Gloucester County, Virginia and Bath County, North Carolina
- Polk of MD, NC, TN & AR
- Ratliff of Haywood County
- Simpson of Caswell County
- Stokes of Halifax County
- Taylor, Hannis (1851-) New Berne, North Carolina
- Tiernan, Frances Christine 1846-, Salisbury, Rowan Co., North Carolina
- Tucker ca 1589 VA, NC & GA
- Underwood of Haywood County
- Vance, Zebulon Baird 1830-1894, Buncombe County, North Carolina
- Williams of Guilford County
|Gedcom Files; you can view and/or download
- Adair of Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia; Camp/Camps of America, begins 1559 in England (356,752 bytes); Evans of DeKalb County and Anderson County, South Carolina.
|Bibles - Tapper; Leighton
||Folder Collection - Donelson from England to Virginia and Tennessee; Dickson, Joseph, descendants of, 3 pp.; Dickson, James of Perry County, 4 pp.
Gedcom Files; you can view and/or download
- Adair of Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia; Camp/Camps of America, begins 1559 in England (356,752 bytes).
|Books Added -
Bone Connections by Dorothy Holland Herring and Jeannette Holland Stucki (1970), 35 pp.; The Family Record of John Cooper 1778-1909 Arranged by Sarah Edna Cooper Holtzclaw (1909); Copeland Genealogy 1913, 900 years, begins in France, 21 pp.; Early History of the Daniel and Daniels Families in Europe and America by Henry Dudley Teeter (1920), England, Scotland, Massachusetts, 13 pp.; Ormsby with allied families of Abbe, Knowlton, Carpenter and Griswold, of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, 22 pp.
Westchester, a New York State Date Book, historical photographs
© 2008 Pioneer Families LLC